Bulletpoint Movie Review:
Moneyball (Dir. Bennett Miller)
- Brad Pitt does some fine work, which is always to be expected.
- It is somewhat “The Social Network” of Baseball films
- It is not a David Fincher baseball film.
- Before this, I saw an advanced screening of an upcoming Jonah Hill film in his new skinny body. So this whole film, it looked like Hill was wearing a fat suit.
- Jonah Hill can work with just about anyone. Dude is that good.
- I wonder about what Soderbergh’s version of this would have ended up like. I feel like Miller’s version is a bit more accessible to the general audience than Soderbergh’s would have.
- Sports films are (smartly) moving away from the “will they/won’t they win the final game” climax.
- There was only one reason for Robin Wright Penn to be in the film, and that was so we could see her husband. (If you’ve seen it, you know who I’m talking about.) Other than that, no point.
- I enjoyed this. Definitely a movie you could watch a few times. 4/5 stars kids!
What’s with the excessive Photoshop bullshit on his face?